Speaking the Truth in Love
Can We Compromise?
What we want to do tonight is ask the question, CAN WE COMPROMISE?
Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it."
CHART 1. GENESIS 1:1-2:4 - THIS IS THE HISTORY OF CREATION!
Job 9:5-10, 38:1-40:2 (Job)
Psalm 8, 19:1-6, 33:6-9 (David)
Psalm 104 (Unknown)
Isaiah 6:3, 40:21-28, 45:5-13, 18 (Isaiah)
Jonah 1:9 (Jonah)
Hebrews 1:1-2, 10, 11:3 (Hebrew Writer)
2 Peter 1:20-21 (All scripture of the Holy Spirit)
All these scriptures talk About God, our Great Creator. There is no hint of evolution, or long days, or gaps of millions of years between the days of creation. None contradict the Biblical account of Genesis 1 and 2! Are These Men Teachers of Truth or False Teachers?
Can we compromise on the literal truth of God's Word? Let's examine what happens when man does not accept the Bible as fact concerning Creation.
CONSEQUENCES OF COMPROMISE
1. Children are raised a lack of morality. Children are not taught the Bible. Man's Theories promote Atheism, Immorality, Humanism, and selfishness (Romans 1:22-2:32, Phil. 2:1-4). The world does not want God's Word to be the standard (Jeremiah 10:23). Our society has people risking lives to save trees and at the same time will murder millions of babies (they call it freedom of choice or abortion).
2. People live to eat, drink, and be merry since they are told they are only an animal that will soon die. If there is no God and no hope of life after death, why not get all out of life we can? Possessions are most important. Selfishness is everywhere. The problem is following theories of man results in losing one's soul (Luke 12:13-21).
3. Man's foolishness controls society (1 Cor. 1:25-31). Darwin and evolution teach we are only a bunch of animals. Communist nations: "Survival of the fittest"; "Developing the superior race". These ideas are contrary to God (Acts 10:34-35, 1 Tim. 5:21) and spawn many evils (Hitler, Stalin, Cambodia, racism, etc.). China has mandatory abortions to control population growth. No wonder they try to keep God's Word out and persecute Christians! In Pakistan, a teenage girl was converted out of buddhism, came home, and was killed by her family. This behavior is not from God (James 3:17).
When man compromises by taking some of God's Word and mixes it with man's thinking, we end up with many who say that as long as you follow the God of your choosing, you will go to Heaven. The problem is God does not say that (Matthew 7:21-23, James 1:21-25). We must listen to God's Word and be doers of it. We have no right to change what His Will is. No matter what man or society says is politically correct.
4. People (Christians) now want to bend the scriptures to fit in. Examples of this are Theistic Evolution or the Gap Theories. All these theories require billions of years. People want to put man's so-called science together with God's Word. If a theory of man demands changing God's Word, the theory is worthless and should be avoided (Rev. 22:18-19). Be careful. There are many "so-called Christians" that are promoting these type of theories. Beware of these false teachers (Acts 20:29, 2 Peter 2:1, Jude 3).
5. Man's Theories Weaken the Church. Man questions the accuracy of the Bible (2 Tim. 3:1-7). Men say there is no longer one absolute truth but many possible truths. If creation in six days is not factual and literally true as described in the Bible, what other parts of the Bible are not factual or true? If one can get around the creation accounts, one can get around any command in the Bible. We are to stand for THE TRUTH found in all of God's Word (Acts 20:27, Deut. 8:3, Matt. 4:4).
Let us ask ourselves a couple of questions. Are these writers of the Bible telling the Truth? Was the Holy Spirit telling us the Truth? Were the prophets telling us the Truth? Were the apostles telling us the Truth? Was the Lord and Savior of the World telling us the truth? The question we started out with was "Can We Compromise?" on God's Word. The answer is NO. There are not many truths but 1 TRUTH! (Ephesians 4:4-6). We all must diligently stand for, seek after, and defend GOD'S 1 TRUTH (Ps. 119:160, 2 Timothy 2:15).
If you believe these are teachers of truth and you are not a Christian tonight, please listen to the Master Teacher in Matthew 28:18-20. Jesus says to become a disciple of Him one must be baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. When we repent of our sins and are baptized, our sins are forgiven. Man may say these scriptures are not important. But we all have to answer the question, Am I going to follow God or Man? You cannot follow the truth and be pleasing to God unless you obey Jesus (John 14:6). Why not become a disciple tonight? Then you will have your sins forgiven, a loving savior at your side, and eternal life to look forward to. These are some pretty good reasons to obey tonight. We are here to help in anyway we can. We hope to see you next time on, Speaking The Truth In Love!