Speaking the Truth in Love
Are You A Truth Seeker?
Examples of Truth Seekers:
1. Andrew (John 1:35-42)
3. Bereans (Acts 17:11)
4. The church of Ephesus (Revelation 2:1-3)
1. What day is the Lord's Day?
2. How often are Christian's to partake of the Lord's Supper?
3. What does God say about raising money?
4. How are Christians to use the Lord's money?
5. Are instruments acceptable to use when singing to God?
6. What must one do to become a Christian?
7. Can a person divorce their spouse for any reason?
8. Does it matter what church I am a part of?
When someone asks you about these things, do you tell them your opinion or do you show them in your Bible what the one truth is (1 Timothy 3:15)?
A truth seeker will search God's Word for the truth on the matter. There are matters of opinion where God has given us choices to make. General commands such as teach (TV, radio, articles, public preaching) or a place to meet (home, park, building). But where God has been silent we need to respect His silence. Where God has spoken we need to respect and obey His Truth.
Jesus was known as a Truth Seeker (Luke 20:21)
Christians can wander from the Truth (James 5:19-20)
God wants all people to come to the knowledge of the Truth (1 Timothy 2:3-7)
Followers of Jesus must rightly divide the Truth (2 Timothy 2:15)
(handling aright, uses the true teaching in the right way, accurately handling)
You need to welcome the word of Truth (I Thessalonians 2:13). Are you a Truth Seeker tonight? Have you searched God's Word for yourself to see what His Truth is? Seeking God's Truth is your only hope to be free of sin (John 8:32). Not many truths, but the one Truth!
If you are not a Christian tonight; then you are not in His kingdom, and your sins have not been forgiven. Why not put your faith in Jesus, turn from the world to Him, and put Him on by being baptized for the forgiveness of your sins. Baptism takes faith in Jesus! That is what God's truth demands for one to become a Christian! We hope to see you next time on "Speaking the Truth in Love".