Speaking the Truth in Love
How Can You Become A Christian?
A. Conditions to be met
B. What the Blood of Jesus can do for you
1. It brings those who are afar off, near (Ephesians 2:12-13).
2. Christ, the great High Priest, has entered the Most Holy Place with his own blood and obtained eternal redemption and a cleansed conscience for all (Hebrews 9:11-14).
3. Christ has dedicated a new covenant for all with His blood (Hebrews 9:15-18).
5. Christ's blood gives all access and boldness to enter the Holiest of Holies (Hebrews 9:12,10:19).
6. Christ's blood overcomes evil and gives all victory (Revelation 12:11).
7. You can receive the gift of justification by Christ's blood (Romans 5:6-11,15,18, 3:23-25). Have you ever seen a Father or Mother after their child has been born? I have seen even some of the most worldly people give thanks to God for the incredible gift of a new born baby. How much more thankful should we be when we realize that God has given a much greater gift to us in His Son. A sinless Christ shed His blood on the cross for us, a bunch of sinners.
NCV - Rom 6:23 - When people sin, they earn what sin pays--death. But God gives us a free gift--life forever in Christ Jesus our Lord.
A Christian is one who has made the choice to receive the precious gift of Jesus.
8. Christ's blood can redeem you (buy you back) (1 Peter 1:18-19). Have you ever seen a Mother or Father after their lost child was found? No matter how worldly people are, usually they will give thanks to God won't they? Being lost is a very scary thing for parents and for the child who is lost. I remember being lost in a department store when I was very young. I was very scared and then very happy when I saw my mom. Anyone who is not a Christian tonight is a lost soul. When you become a Christian, you have been found, nevermore to roam! What a great blessing! (Mark 5:1-20, Luke 15:1-7, 23-24, 32).
A Christian is one who once was lost, but now has been found.
C. Benefits of being a Christian
*Notice the names of Baptist, Mormon, Methodist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, 7th Day Adventist, etc. are not mentioned in the Bible
5. You are described of one movement, not many movements.
b. The Way (Acts 9:2, 19:9, 23, 24:14)
7. You are in "the" brotherhood, not many brotherhoods (1 Peter 2:17).
D. Personal Application
What about you tonight? Have you contacted the blood of Jesus that brings forgiveness? Have you repented of your sins? Have you been baptized for the remission of your sins (Acts 2:38)? There is only one way to contact the life-giving blood of Jesus and that is through obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
Are you a Christian who has sinned and not repented of it? There is only one cure for the disease of sin and that is the blood of Jesus (1 John 1:7-10).
Please check the scriptures out for yourselves to see how you can become a Christian. We want to help you in any way we can. Contact us for Bible studies, by telephone, e-mail, or simply come to one of our assemblies. We also hope to see you next time on "Speaking The Truth In Love". For our next program we are preempted and will have a rerun. Our next live program is to be on January 5, 2015 when we hope to study "How Can A Nation Forget God and Jesus Christ?”