Speaking the Truth in Love
The Ascension Of Jesus
For many reasons, the Resurrection of Jesus from the dead is a very significant event. Most people who call themselves Christians would agree that Jesus rising from the dead changed the hopes of all mankind! Now the hope is to be able to overcome sin and death to be resurrected and live forever in Heaven with Jesus. Tonight we would like to focus on another significant and wonderful event that sometimes gets overlooked. The Ascension of Jesus Christ to Heaven!
New Testament References to the Ascension
- Jesus referred to this event in the book of John (John 6:60-66,16:10-16, 17:5, 20:17)
- The Ascension event recorded (Mark 16:19-20, Luke 24:50-53, Acts 1:9-12)
- Other New Testament references to the Ascension (Acts 2:30-35, Ephesians 4:8-10, 1 Timothy 3:16, andHebrews 10:11-14)
- Stephen saw the ascended Savior (Acts 7:56)
- Paul saw the ascended Savior [Acts 22:12-22 (verse 18), 26:15-16]
What Did The Ascension of Jesus Cause?
- Great joy
- A desire for the Holy Spirit
- Worship of God
- Diligence and comfort in sacrificing for Jesus
- A zeal to spread God’s Word, the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Hope to all Christians that one day they can be resurrected and ascend to Heaven to be with God forever
Now we can enjoy the comfort of knowing that the ascended King Jesus is on the throne of David at the right hand of God; interceding, mediating, and serving as our great High Priest (Hebrews 2:17-18, 4:14-16,Romans 8:34, Hebrews 12:1-2, 24, and 1 Timothy 2:5).
What a great blessing Christians enjoy! At any time and in any place Christians can approach God in prayer through our Great High Priest who has ascended to His throne in Heaven!
Does the resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ motivate you like it did the early Christians? It should motivate us even more as we can see the entire plan of God that He designed for us! Do you live each day for the one who was crucified for you, resurrected from the dead for you, and ascended to Heaven for you?
We encourage all of our viewers to give your lives in serving the ascended Savior so that you can someday be with Him forever in Heaven (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)!
If you are not a Christian tonight, we encourage you to follow the example of the apostle Paul in Acts 22:16. Believe the gospel of Jesus, confess that Jesus is the Son of God, repent of your sins, and then be baptized to wash them all away. That is what Paul did and that is what all must do to become a Christian and have the hope of ascending to Heaven one day!
We want you to consider these things and do what God asks of you. We want to help in any way we can. Please contact us by telephone, e-mail, or simply come to one of our assemblies. We want to make it to the Heaven and our mission is to help others find that way as well! We hope to see you next time on “Speaking The Truth In Love” in two weeks on April 7 at 8pm when we hope to study the topic of “Perfect Love Casts Out Fear”!