David was a man with many issues and manifest sins. He committed a gross abuse of power that led to adultery and murder. Yet many of the acts and words of David reflect the heart God wants everyone to possess.
1. David had a heart to obey ALL of God’s will (Acts 13:22)
2. David had a heart of Great Faith (1 Samuel 17:40-47) - He fought Goliath with a staff, a sling, and 5 stones in a shepherd’s bag.
3. David had a heart of Great Humility - He refused to harm Saul who sought to kill him. Psalm 39 is an example of David’s humble heart.
4. David had a heart of Great Love - His love for Jonathan was touching. But his love for God was even more intense (Psalm 31:21-24).
5. David had a heart of Compassion - He showed kindness to Mephibosheth (2 Samuel 19).
6. David had a heart of Great Zeal and Dedication to God - He wanted to build a temple for worship to God. He danced before the Ark of the Covenant, undignified (2 Samuel 6:12-15).
7. David had a heart of Great Remorse and Repentence -
7. David had a heart of Great Remorse and Repentence -I have sinned against the Lord (Psalm 51:1-17).
We can all learn from David to have a heart like God desires!