Speaking the Truth in Love
The Compassion Of Jesus
Tonight we want to talk about “The Compassion Of Jesus”.
Define compassion with the of Morris.
1. Healing of the son with the mute spirit (Mark 9:14-27, especially 20-27)
*also recorded in Matthew 17:14-21
2. Healing of the Leper (touched him) (Mark 1:40-45)
3. Spending time with the Samaritans, the looked down upon people (John 4:39-42)
4. Eating with the Publicans and Sinners (Luke 5:27-32, 7:29-30)
5. Caring for the outcast man born blind (John 9:35-41)
6. Spending time to cast out demons of the man possessed (Mark 5:1-19)
7. Deeply moved when He raised Lazarus, even knowing it was God’s Will (John 11:1-8, 30-44)
8. Raising the widow’s son (Luke 7:11-17)
Putting this lesson together overwhelmed me. The compassion of Jesus is truly awesome! No one can perform miracles like Jesus did. But Christians do have something to give people in need (Acts 3:6). There are so many people in worse conditions than those who Jesus healed of their physical infirmities. Everywhere we go there are people who are lost in their sins. Do we have the compassion we ought to have to help the needs of their souls? We live in a world where people show open compassion for an animal in need but few have compassion for those lost in their sins.
You in our audience are our friends and we care for you. True compassion is when one tries to help someone who is lost in their sins to come to Jesus (1 Peter 3:8-12, Jude 20-23, Acts 17:16-17, 33-34).
If you are not a Christian tonight, the Lord of compassion is ready and willing to forgive you of your sins (Matthew 11:28-29, Acts 2:37-39). We encourage you to become a Christian so you can take advantage of the compassion of Jesus. We hope to see you next time on “Speaking The Truth In Love”.